Thursday, November 17, 2016

Fun in The Sun - Short Story


It was almost the end of the school day, around 1:30, (school ends at 3:30) when I saw him first. It was the first day of the second semester and I was put into a new study period with a teacher with a name of Ms. Ramesh. I've had her as a science teacher as the year before so I was oh so comfortable with being hers for an hour or 45 minutes three times a week. So when I walked into that classroom, I knew I could sit in the very back.

I'm a good kid and student, a pretty innocent one to say the least, so of course Ms. Ramesh allowed me. I don't think she would let anyone else do that. I sat there already putting my head on my hand ready for this day to be over already. I didn't know it at the time, but this day would completely open my eyes to a new world of wonder and feelings.

I heard shuffling and laughing in front of me but of course I decided to ignore it. The kids at my school are obnoxious and idiotic so of course i'm used to it. I just went on with reading one of my favorite trilogies, The Summer I Turned Pretty.

"How come she has huge breasts but no ass?" A voice said in front of me while another laughed.

I scoffed with no intents of hiding my disgust.

"Do you have a problem?" A heard the voice say again, but this time I could tell it was tailored to me. I looked up to see two boys, the one with the crude comments, and the one that was laughing.

The one that was laughing was still looking forward, his black hoodie up and covering his figure. The boy that was objectifying women was turned to me with, I could tell his signature smirk. I could already tell he was unpleasant and honestly dumb. I looked at him with a very apparent annoyed face.

"I don't appreciate you saying such objectifying comments about women." I said while I laid back in my seat and crossed my arms. I want you to know that this was a year ago, and I was 5'1 and probably looked like a 5 year old. But, I was still trying to look assertive.

The boy let out a laugh and said, "And what are you going to do about it?"

As soon as he said that, the black hoodie turned around and looked at me.

I was fascinated the moment I laid eyes on him. He was mysterious and hypnotizing. I knew at this moment I needed him and all of his glory. He was stunning. Perfectly messy hair with just a little bit of scruff on his breathtaking jawline and oh lord, his broad shoulders. He looked absolutely admirable. I couldn't help but stare. And admit it, you would too.

"Sorry about my friend here. I hope you know I haven't said anything." Black hoodie said, while looking right into my eyes. I can't believe it, but i'm blushing! Why is this boy I don't know making me flustered? And not to mention I have a boyfriend!... of course i'll talk about that later. Right now that was the last thing on my mind.

"Well you laughing with him is encouraging him." I was able to get out of my mouth. He raised an eyebrow at me and put a sly smile on this face.

"Sorry about that then."

They turned back around and I was left confused and intrigued. Who was that boy? And why am I not thinking about Calum?

-

The end of the school day finally came and I bolted out of my English class. I wanted to get home honestly. I was at my locker putting my binder into my backpack when one of my best friends comes up to me.

"Hey Autumn! You're not gonna believe what Sebastian said to me last night." She said, an exhausted worn out face said. I simply sighed and turned my body towards her. You see, Sebastian is a real dick. Our friend group, which consists of Abby, Ethan, Chloe, Brittney, Bell, and myself did not like him at all. We have no idea why she is dating him while all he does is treat her like crap. I feel bad for her honestly.

As I stood at my locker listening to her go on and on about her and her problematic boo, she could tell I was thinking about something else.

"Earth to Autumn?"

"Oh sorry, go on."

"Autumn, what are you thinking about?" She said, clearly not caring about Sebastian troubles right now.

"Um, do you know a guy that wears a black hoodie and has broad shoulders?" As soon as I said that, her eyes widened.

"You mean Luke?"

No comments:

Post a Comment